Right now, you like me!!! Said a very young Sally Field at the Academy Awards. And now, I get to say the same thing, because Barefoot Momma just nominated me for a Liebster Award! And I gladly accept and will do my duty:
- What is you most embarrassing moment? So many, I think I repressed most of them. But one of my most blushing teaching moments was when I told a student to, “Either spit or swallow!” when I caught him chewing gum.
- What is one of your favorite quotes? Again, so many. But my current mantra is, “Silence is the voice of complicity.” It keeps me speaking out against the mistreatment of children.
- What is your favorite season, and why? Autumn, without a doubt. The colors of the leaves, the crisp air, apples, pumpkins, the sunsets, Halloween, harvest.. I could go on and on.
- If you could learn anything, what would it be? Jazz piano!!! I sign jazz standards, and I always wanted to accompany myself.
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? I’m doing it right now: Being a good mother, wife, teacher and writer… while having a balanced lifestyle and staying sober. So far, so good, praise God!
- What is something you learned in the last week/month/or year? Right now, I’m learning how to use social media to promote my book, “One Million Kisses: The Promise of 153” that’s due out later this month. It’s a HUGE learning curve, from publisher to shelf, to into people’s homes!
- The best part of waking up is…? Knowing you have one more chance to do something great!
- What is your favorite outdoor activity? Running! Unfortunately, the weather’s been stubborn, and my energy’s been down… but I’m hopeful both will improve soon!
- What chore do you absolutely hate? I’m not crazy about ANY of them… I’d love to be in a position to afford a cleaning service one day… but I’d have to say laundry; it just never seems to end.
- If you could paint any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? Paris! I’ve been there 4 or 5 times, but the last time I was there was a loooong time ago. I’d love to be able to go back and have the luxury of time to paint all day and have that as a memory to take back home.
Hope that didn’t bore you too much!
Without further ado, here are MY nominations, in no particular order:
And my questions for you all are:
- Why did you start your blog?
- Favorite writer?
- Favorite movie?
- Favorite song?
- Favorite food?
- “I want to be famous for…”
- Most vivid childhood memory?
- Pet peeve?
- Biggest fear?
- Biggest regret?
Thank again, Barefoot Momma, and best of luck to all ten bloggers!