New Year’s Eve comes with tons of Top Ten Lists, ranging from the noteworthy to the nobody cares. Some include:
- Best Albums
- Biggest News Story
- Worst Dressed
- Most Sensational Internet moment
I figure there must be some insight to making a list of the highlights of the year, so I thought it might do me some good in applying it to my own life. But ten of anything seemed a bit of an overkill, if not pretentious.
Therefore, I am going to dived the ten into two palatable lists of five.
Feel free to do try this experiment with your own life. Categories can include, but are not limited to:
- Romantic Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Accomplishments/Major Awards (A Christmas Story, anyone?
So without any further ado (or adieu, since it is farewell to 2015)…
- My daughter going to States for her first year in competitive gymnastics
- My husband becoming a U.S. citizen
- My son going to day care/preschool
- My news that a publisher wants to turn my poem into a book
- Getting a really awesome and supportive principal at my school
- Smashing my tailbone in a bowling alley and needing an ambulance
- Getting sepsis
- Getting Lyme Disease six weeks later
- Discovering a growing sink hole right next to our property
- Realizing that my grandparents’ health is failing
Did I learn anything? I guess that I am really blessed and even though I did experience a few low patches, life keeps plugging along and I’m really enjoying the ride!
I encourage you to make your Top and Bottom Five list, too. And as you do, you may want to make today’s 153Promise to put a positive spin on this past year with an optimistic outlook for the year to come.
Happy New Year.
Many Kisses! -XxXx